NEW CLIENTS AND SUBMISSIONS’ POLICY
We are always interested in new projects but do please first check our client list before sending us your work as this will give you a good idea of the kinds of books we represent. Broadly speaking, we are looking for sport, celebrity biography, business & leadership, food-writing, nature-writing and lifestyle.
We do not represent fiction, poetry, scripts or screenplays. There are lots of very good agents who do so we prefer to leave those fields to the experts.
Our submission guidelines are simple. We only accept submissions by email and this is what we’re looking for:
- A synopsis of about 300 words explaining what your book is about.
- Explain who it will appeal to and why you’re qualified to write the book.
- A chapter breakdown outlining how you will approach the subject and demonstrating the way in which the book will unfold.
- A sample chapter – doesn’t have to be the first chapter so choose the chapter you feel best able to write at this stage.
- A short biography for yourself with any previous writing credits or other relevant writing experience.
The Writers’ and Artists’ Yearbook (A&C Black) is an invaluable resource if this is your first attempt at putting together a proposal. We will endeavour to get back to you as quickly as possible with an answer.
Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org